Monday 3 December 2012

On Being Positive and Keeping Interested

I am mindful of the need to sort out my lack of new images at the moment - be patient, I am going to sort it out! 






Today, I slithered in my car, down the farm track to the studio to collect some brushes, drawing media and drawings in progress.  I am going to work in the warm at home when I get a chance.  I am strangely excited to see the drawings again, as I feel I am really on to something and want to continue working on them.

It was snowing quite hard last night at 2am as I went to bed and driving through Hovingham on the way to my studio this morning, the snow was still lying on the ground and the roads were slippy.  There was thick mist/fog and the way the sun was trying to break through was creating the most fantastic "thick" light effects across the fields, through the trees and in the valleys.  I was glad to see that the snow had disappeared where I live but am bracing myself for the bad weather; it makes getting about up here so much more difficult.





Alexander Johnson popped up today on my facebook feed; I first discovered him on fb a few months ago and have been keeping an interested eye on his work ever since.  His use of paint, colour, division of the surface and markmaking are, to my eye, very satisfying.  His silkscreen prints are very beautiful too.  I recommend anyone interested in the modernist tradition to take a look:
tp://www.facebook.com/s7efan#!/alexanderjohnsonart

On the refurb front at home we are making some headway again; the floor sanding man is booked for this week, Lee the builder is sorting out the rainwater pipes and gutters, the below ground insulation and door cills will be finished, the existing bathroom will be plasterboarded and skimmed, doors re-hung and the new (temporary) ply floor on the landing space will be put in place ready for Christmas.  We are going to put the dining table up on the new landing, so we can enjoy the views and sunsets over Christmas, it avoids the problem of moving everything stored in the studio again.  Result!






 
all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment