Saturday 1 December 2012

'Tis the Season

To mildly panic!

However, thinking of my upcoming show, I have made myself feel a bit better by listing things achieved toward my solo show so far:
  • Taken some initial studio shots for discussion /planning with photographer.
  • Had some chats with Andy Dalton about the essay for my catalogue that will accompany the exhibition. (If I am successful with my ACE application).  Andy has come across a really interesting article that relates to my work and I am looking forward to reading it.
  • Had 2 initial quotes from printer for catalogue, same size, different number of pages.
  • Spoken to the designer about the publication, I need to arrange a meeting with him to set some dates so we are ready, should the ACE application come through.
  • Made some new small drawings, as part of the works that will be available for sale in a browser.
  • Planned the next stage of development for the prints I began 2 months ago.
  • Planned to set up a small space for working on small pieces at home during this month, which will be very busy getting the house straight for Christmas.  I shall snatch as many hours in the warm as I can.  I will also use this time to make some preparatory sketches for the new paintings I'll start in January.
  • organised the space for storing all the stuff I am going to retrieve from paid storage.  I can't wait to get at my art catalogues and books again, as well as my other plan chest and art equipment.
All in all, along with organising the house post builders, not a bad start really.  Tomorrow, I shall find the Christmas CD's!

www.facebook.com/SueGoughArtist

www.andrew-dalton.com

www.ryedaleartworks.com

2 comments:

  1. don't panic!

    Its a good idea to make some work at home but dont forget that a lot of the work you already have will be new to most people who see the show. so take some of the pressure of yourself, you easily have enough work to make a good show now, going on the previous work i've seen. So this is about making the new pieces that will oust some of the previous work, and if you've suddenly got enough new work to fill the whole space then great.

    Also don't jump too soon and finish the catalogue too early it'd be worth leaving a page or two till the last minute in case something great turns up late in the day. I know designers like to have it in the can but this is your chance to represent yourself and it has a job to do beyond the RFM show. so make sure it isn't too specific and that other spaces could see the value in it for them!

    also my grammar and engish will be better in the intro! A

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, I'd had similar thoughts about the publication too, thanks Andy, I think I am just exhausted.

    ReplyDelete