Tuesday 15 October 2013

a-n Artists Talking Blog and a Very Old Drawing

I have been very caught up in domestic issues of late; building work at home is about to resume, family members are sick and a dear friend has been re-hospitalised.  Add to this the glut of apples and pears awaiting conversion to various chutneys and recipes and you will have a good idea of what I'm on about.  

Since my solo show at Easter there has not been much time to make new work and I talk about this in my a-n Artists Talking blog:
http://www.a-n.co.uk/artists_talking/projects/previewPost/3904392
If you read it please feel free to leave a comment either here or on the a-n site, it is always nice to receive feedback.

Meanwhile I found this drawing, done in 1970 when I was fifteen!




I had forgotten the monogram I used to use (my maiden name is Walden); nice comment from my teacher, Val Tierney:




I remember the brief was to draw our face, exploring the spatial difference between our features using different qualities of line.  I took it seriously and did this drawing, no mean feat in our house of 5 kids and no where to work;  I think I had to hold the mirror in one hand, hence the low viewpoint and draw with the other.  It caused quite a titter from some of the other class members, who brought in pretty pictures of themselves but I was always an artist and genuinely fascinated by the brief and the outcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment