Thursday 19 December 2013

North Yorkshire Open Studios 2014

After a particularly awful day as far as our refurbishment project at home is concerned, I was feeling very low this evening.

When I finally opened my emails I was delighted to read that my first ever application to participate in NYOS 14 in June next year has been successful.


HUZZAH!


The selectors were:

Gary Power, Head of MA Fine Art: University of Sunderland
Denise Fahmy, Visual Arts Relationship Manager, Arts Council England
Yvonne Hardman, Gallery Officer, Touchstones Rochdalehttp://www.nyos.org.uk/




This is just the incentive I need to get back in the studio after Christmas and concentrate on my work.  I will finally get those prints and artists books made.  I want to complete the quartet of large paintings begun last year too, so that will be two more big canvases to paint.  Oh, and I have some small boards that I scavenged from the left over timber that I will make small paintings on too.

 I am really looking forward to getting back to work after having such a long absence because of all the building work going on at our house.  

I know that there are quite a few artists from Ryedale ArtWorks who regularly participate in NYOS and that I will be able to rely on their extensive experience for some good advice and tips on how to make this first time as good as I can.


                                                               



No comments:

Post a Comment