Wednesday 9 July 2014

A Sale!



How many wondrous days? 
(Sorry about the pink tinge to the paper, I need to sort this out).


I spent today clearing what used to be my studio at home.  I have managed to do half of it.  It got used as a storage area for extra building and decorating materials as well as lots of boxes of household things that needed to be put out of the way while the building work went on.

What with a visit to the dentist to sort out a painful tooth, which was not as bad as I thought it would be although it still cost me an arm and a leg, plus other errands to run, I did not return home until gone five o'clock this afternoon.

Imagine my surprise and pleasure when I discovered on checking emails, that I have sold my drawing, "How many wondrous days?"  I felt elated and, if I'm honest, rather bereft, because it is one of my favourites.  You can tell from this, that selling work is, for me, quite rare!  I have always said that sales are the icing on the cake, not the reason I make the work and it is very nice to have made a sale from this show in York.  (The White Room gallery, Priestley's No.36, Bootham, York, see previous blogs).

This means that I have recovered more than half the framing costs, which is a relief.

I have set aside a lot of my time this summer for a general clear up and organisation of the house, post builders, but I am already rather anxious to get back into the studio; there's nothing like a bit of success to spur me on!



All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment