Tuesday 16 April 2013

I'm Back!

It's a good few days since my last blog and I thought I'd just note a few things that have been going on.

  • My Meet the Artist evening went well, (see last blog) and since then a few people who were unable to make it have taken the time to go and see the exhibition and either left comments in the book or emailed me.  The comments as far as I know have all been very positive and the emails I have received also.  I am particularly grateful to the established artists from Ryedale and beyond who have been so positive in their response.  The consensus is that I have made a really good exhibition that looks totally professional and is very well hung within the space, which is what I set out to do.
  • I have spent most days since the evening event drumming up some publicity for the exhibition and writing information for the reporters who contacted me.  I think it may have paid off, but I won't know until the papers come out tomorrow.  I would like to get it reviewed in publications that go further afield than Ryedale, any ideas as to how I should go about this please, anyone?
  • I went to see Sue Slack's new paintings on Sunday, which are displayed at Helmsley Arts Centre.  I was impressed with Sue's use of colour; it is developing from what I remember of her work last year.  My favourites were the ones using seen colour that is heightened in key and Pete's favourite was the one on the end of that row, which showed heather in the foreground softening across the landscape using aerial perspective and softer colours.  It was a more gentle painting and very lovely.
  • Yesterday was spent making 4 different designs all on the same theme, that my builder Lee and his fiance will choose from to use as their wedding invitation.  I was a bit daunted to start, even though I had drawn a couple of designs; I am not a graphic designer really but once I got into it I enjoyed the day.  All 4 are now window mounted, ready for delivery tomorrow.
  • Today I am going to Harrogate with Janet Hayton to see Anne Thalheim's sculptural works and Serena Partidge's exquisite tiny costume installations at the Mercer.  I'm sure we'll have a good wander and find some other interesting stuff too.  The sun's shining, so it should be a good day.  I'd better get outside and clean the passenger seat before I pick Janet up - my car is a disgrace, my only excuse is that it has had to serve the role of my work van for the past few months and I am ashamed to say I never clean it!  It's nice to have a day off, I'll post my thoughts on the works we see later.  

Have a good day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment