Monday 27 August 2012

The Great North Art Show Approaches




With my trusty studio assistant Pete, I have just spent a couple of hours mirror plating and labelling all six pieces of work for The Great North.  We have encased it all in bubble wrap and stacked it carefully in Pete's car, ready to deliver it tomorrow.  (Once we have made sure the builders are happy with what they are doing for the day).

The Private View is on Friday night and the kids are all coming up to see the show over the weekend.  Yay!  I am really looking forward to seeing them all.  Jenny Agutter is the guest of honour for the PV, much to Pete's excitement; he has always had a bit of a thing about her!



 
 
It will be interesting to see the show in its entirety; there are a few artists that I want to meet and talk to about their work, so I think I am quite excited!  I must remember to take plenty of my business cards . . .




The framing of the work, particularly the drawings, is exceptional, it gives the pieces so much more presence.  Anthony Bentley of Ginger Hall Framing in Kirkbymoorside has done me proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment