It is snowing hard AGAIN!
My studio is at the bottom of a very steep farm track and I know I won't make it back up, even if I get down it in one piece. If I do go out today, IF the snow eases up, I'll have to leave my car at the top and walk down.
Did a bit more work, tentatively on History Painting yesterday, and am now suffering nagging doubt. Looking at the photo I took, it is improved, but it needs sorting out in some messy areas. Oh! The stress of it!
Detail, History Painting, with new painting additions
And I have yet to finish a large canvas as well as stretch up the finished one (and History Painting of course) I am about to order the stretcher. . . .
I haven't wasted my time stuck at home this morning though. I have finished the workshop plan, and listed works and their prices for insurance purposes. That's another agonising thing: pricing work. I think I've got it about right.
OK: no more stressing, order that stretcher and book the van!
Some time later. . .
- Stretcher ordered in the nick of time for making and delivering it!
- Awaiting prices from two vans and men.
- Most of the materials for the workshop ordered, just a few things left that I can buy locally.
Final jobs to complete (apart from the paintings):
- This afternoon: wrap the black and white works that are going in the browser
- Make the labels
- Write and print insert for my "catalogue" - received the proof of this yesterday and it's surprisingly OK!
- Tonight: order postcards for inserting into "catalogue"
- Write and print off price list, making the prices tally with the labels!
- Sort out sketchbooks and sketches to go in the glass cabinet
After all this, all that needs to be done is the painting: piece of cake!
Winter, study, mixed media