Wednesday 7 November 2012

A Relief in More Ways Than One




So, Obama is re-elected President of the United States, I was up all night watching developments with unease to begin with and relief by the end.  Congratulations to him and good luck - he will need it.

I worked on what should be the final draft of my Grants for the Arts application yesterday, finished all the attachments, did the  final word count and read through.  It's a bit over the word count, but I think it will be ok.  It reads well, and all in all, I am hopeful for a positive response so that I can get on with what I am best at: making work.  It will go off to Yvette for the final scrutiny this morning, and all being well, I press "send" tomorrow. 

I shall be so glad to have the application out of the way as I desperately need to get back in to the studio.  I never did get those experimental relief prints finished in time for the open submission in Hull, so I am keen to keep on with those.  I have one of a series of four collagraphs based on the seasons started, so it will be good to develop them.  I have a few ideas buzzing around in my head for some drawings too . . .


 



Some of the drawings I have done in my Chinese notebooks would make great etchings, and I plan to start work on some next year, when I have more time to concentrate and brush up on my printmaking skills.  It is a long time since I have made etchings, but I had a great teacher in Paul Ryan at Basingstoke College of Technology, where I did my Foundation course, so I am sure it won't take me too long before I am making some interesting prints.

Meanwhile there is a massive clean up going on at home after the plastering was completed upstairs and I need to get the rest of my studio equipment and library of art books and catalogues out of storage because I really need access to them now.  So, lots to do and exciting times ahead.

www.facebook.com/SueGoughArtist

All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment