Monday 19 November 2012

Today's Images

Small drawings begun and photographs of the hedgrows that I wanted to catch before the leaves were blown from their stems. 








What caught my eye about these hedges was the line of bright yellow at the tops, caught by the light.  When I originally saw them, they were against fog and even more remarkable.  I am going to make a few colour studies of these ideas this week.


 
 
 
None of the drawings are finished yet. They are made with graphite, ink and emulsion paint. The tally marks form a grid; the words, relating to the passing of time, flow more freely over and under it. The layers will be built up until I reach a point at which I am satisfied with the surface created.
 
 






 
 
 
 






 


All rights reserved.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment