Wednesday 27 February 2013

A Glorious Day!



The sun shone all day.  All day today!  And the sunset was beautiful too.  The drain work has gone well and the new water main pipe is in place ready for when we connect up, I finished mounting the twelve paintings I'm sending down to my local and started mounting and wrapping the work that will be in the browser during my show in April, so all in all a pretty good day.



Winter: January, February. December

This series of twelve paintings, done with acrylic paint on paper, were an experiment; each painting started with the same layer and design and each successive piece had one more layer added so that the final painting consisted of all twelve layers, if that makes sense!



Spring: March, April, May



Summer: June, July, August



Autumn: September, October, November


Unfortunately, because of the bright sunny day, I could not find anywhere to take these photos without nasty reflections.  I am waiting for my resident photographer to check the colour balance   of the ones he took before I can upload them, but you get a sense of the way they work.  They were all based on observations of the colours and weather of the seasons and I think each set of three paintings reflects them quite well.  Framing them up has made such a difference too.

 Two more membership forms for Ryedale ArtWorks arrived today with cheques , I am membership secretary, and it is looking like we are on target for another good Directory.  So, as I said earlier; all in all, a pretty good day.





No comments:

Post a Comment