Thursday 17 January 2013

A Treasure in My Attic and Tweeting Fun



I forgot to mention in my last blog that, while the young guy who does the labouring for our builder was up in our attic laying the new insulation, he found a large square of real lino.  I haven't measured it, but it must be at least 15" square.  As far as treasures found in attics go, it's not much but I am quite excited and planning to make some prints from it.

Today, one of my tweets was "favourited" by Surface Gallery in Nottingham where I have 3 postcards in their International Postcard Show!  I was ridiculously pleased as I haven't been tweeting for very long.  Another thing I did was re post a photo from another source on Twitter onto Ryedale ArtWorks' page and the owner of the site commented on the page. He's in Italy and would never have heard of RAW without the tweet, which reinforces how incredibly powerful this world of social media is.

My own tweet was along the lines of wondering if any of my 3 cards would sell, and, if any did, that it would be the second thing I'd ever sold in my life, but if none of them did sell, I'd get swapsies from other artists, so either way would be exciting! Another great thing about Twitter is that I am discovering some amazing galleries all over the country, which was another target on my action plan for this year.

As far as my action plan for the year is going I am pretty much on target with my work although the last couple of days have been a bit of a struggle, I have been working on the content and structure of my new web site.  The small studies are coming along quite well and, with work already in a gallery this month, (however small the pieces are, they still count),  I have most of my targets covered.

The challenge is to keep the momentum going and not waste any time!  Oh, and it is still freezing here: -11 degrees freezing!







All content copyright the artist, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment