Thursday 31 January 2013

One of Those Days



I can honestly say that I have no idea if what I achieved today is of any worth or not.  Nice to have the studio tidy again though!  I struggled on with the four studies on paper; I think I was just trying too hard.

By the end of the day, and it was a longer day; I was in the studio by 11 am and left at 4.30 pm, I had virtually obliterated the text and tally marks and ended up with four pieces that once again featured the obelisk motif that refers to the four friends I lost.  

I don't think these pieces are very good, but they have served the purpose of getting me back on track with the original idea, which deals with loss, the passage of time referenced by landscape textures and colours of the seasons and the tally marks.  

I did work out how to have four large canvases on the go at once within the studio while I was working; there is just enough wall space and I think it might be better to work on them stretched, rather than stapled to the wall and then put onto their stretchers, which is my preferred method - I am not a fan of the "bounce" of the stretched canvas under the brush.  

So I suppose I should just remain calm and carry on!








Below are the developmental stages of Autumn, which illustrates the tortuous process!















all content copyright the artist, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment